Last Updated: 04/04/23
Applies to:Salesforce Classic / Lightning Edition users who would like to enable API access.
Common Causes / Issues:
The necessity to enable API access for Salesforce CRM.
Information about SF editions that allow API access and which don't.
Instructions on how to contact SF support and which info is required to be provided.
To enable API access in Salesforce Classic or Lightning, you should keep the following information in mind:
Editions with no API Access :
Although you can turn your API on by contacting your Salesforce Account Executive and requesting it to enable your API.
Step-by-step instructions from Salesforce support
You can enable your Salesforce (Contact, Group, Professional) API for a maximum of two weeks.
To do that, please email Salesforce Customer Support with an answer to the following questions:
1. Are you the System Administrator authorized on behalf of this Organization to make this request? Do you understand the implications of getting API access?
2. What is the Organization ID (where you would like to get the API access)?
3. How long would you like for the API access to be applied? (Maximum of two weeks).
NOTE: It can only be requested singularly. Requests spanning concurrent two-week periods will not be granted.
4. Why do you need to get an API limit access? (What is the business case?)
5. Are you doing a data upload or data migration? Is this increase for integration?
Information to include in your request for a data upload or data migration
- How many records and what objects will you upload?
- What batch size is being used?
- What tool will be used? (The bulk API allows to upload of 10,000 records/batch x number of batches).
Information to include in your request for an integration
- What specific API calls will the integration be sending, and how many?
- What application will be used?
In case you have some issues with getting the Salesforce API access or its implementation, feel free to contact Trujay expert, to get useful insights.
After enabling API access in Salesforce, you should inform your Trujay account manager about the exact time you have your API available to set up your CRM data migration.
By using the Trujay Migration Wizard, you don't need an API key, as it is possible to authorize by means of Oauth Authorization.
Still Need Help?
Please submit an inquiry on the contact page or email firstname.lastname@example.org.