Last updated: 04/21/23
Act! CRM users.
Common Causes / Issues:
The necessity to find the credentials for the authorization during data migration.
Explanation of the steps to do in order to find the credentials for the authorization.
When you want to migrate your data from Act! to another platform during the automatic migration, you need to enter your web credentials to authorize your Act! system and proceed with the migration:
1. In the Connection Host field, please enter the URL of your Act! CRM platform.
Notice. It works in most cases, but if it doesn't, you probably have a specific connection. Therefore, enter it by yourself or ask the system administrator or your tech expert.
2. In the Connection Port, enter 1433 - it’s the standard port in this case.
Notice. If you changed that number on your custom ones, enter it or ask your tech expert.
3. The Database Name. There are 2 options to choose from:
A) Find it while entering Act! as it is shown in the screenshot:
- Open Act! CRM and click on the "Help" menu in the top menu bar.
- Select the "About Act!" option from the drop-down menu.
- In the About Act! window that appears, click on the "System Information" button.
- In the System Information window, look for the "SQL Server Information" section. Here you should see the name of the server hosting the Act! database, as well as the name of the database itself.
- If you don't see the database information listed in the System Information window, you can try connecting to the Act! database using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio. Once connected, you can view the server name and database name in the Object Explorer panel.
Please also note that your ACT! CRM server should support external connections. The firewall should not block requests from our servers if we are talking about migrating from a self-hosted Act!.
Still Need Help?
Please submit an inquiry on the contact page or email firstname.lastname@example.org.