Last Updated: 06/02/23
Salesforce CRM (various editions) users.
Common Causes / Issues:
The necessity to increase the Salesforce API limit.
- Explanation of the steps to do for the temporary increase of the Salesforce API limit.
- Information about the Salesforce versions with and without API Access.
- Information you may need to provide to Salesforce support regarding your requests.
If the default API Limit is insufficient for your business requirements, you can request a temporary increase to the Salesforce API limit.
Note: Salesforce support can increase the API limit temporarily only when a customer's business is impacted critically. So, these requests should be for data migrations only and will be up to you and your Account Executive in Salesforce to determine the time frame of the API enabled. However, this option will be enabled just for 14 days (maximum).
Before sending a request to increase to Salesforce API limit, ensure that your account has API Token access. Keep the following information in mind :
Editions with API Access (the API may be enabled, see how to do it in Salesforce Classic and Salesforce Lightning edition):
Editions with no API Access :
Although, you can temporarily turn your API on by contacting your Salesforce Account Executive and requesting the API increase.
Step-by-step instructions from Salesforce support
You can increase your organization's API limit for a maximum of two weeks.
To that, email Salesforce Customer Support with an answer to the following questions:
1. Are you the System Administrator authorized on behalf of this Organization to make this request? Do you understand the implications of increasing the API limit?
2. What is the Organization ID of the production or sandbox instance where you would like to increase the API limit?
3. How many API calls are you requesting to obtain temporarily? (How high would you like to increase the limit?)
4. How long would you like for the increase to be applied? (Maximum of two weeks)
5. Why do you need the API limit increase? (What is the business case?)
6. Are you doing a data upload or data migration? Is this increase for integration?NOTE:
- Increases can only be requested singularly. Requests spanning concurrent two-week periods will not be granted.
Information to include in your request for a data upload or data migration:
- How many records and what objects will you upload?
- What batch size is being used?
- What tool will be used? Is the bulk API used? (The bulk API allows to upload of 10,000 records/batch x number of batches).
Information to include in your request for an integration:
- What specific API calls will the integration be sending, and how many?
- What application will be used?
Still Need Help?
Please submit an inquiry on the contact page or email email@example.com.